Question: One wonders where you have been this period that the media has gone wild about you.
- I have been hibernating in my room, sipping fruit punch on the rocks, and having a damn good laugh at some peoples timid, conservative and myopic mindset, and I will always thank God that am different and special, and not bugged down by such pedestrian intelligence.
Question: We are wondering why you continue to keep quiet over series of stories that are being circulated about you.
- You know I will always remain cool with a smile when everybody is loosing sleep over my actions or inactions. No matter what, anything I do attracts attention, and even at that, not doing anything at all attracts attention. Everyone is entitled to his or her perception of the brand. what they feel or believe the brand represents doesn’t really matter. We all see an issue from where ever we stand, so if you are an artiste, you will for instance see the so-called nude picture from a creative standpoint. If you are a deeper life kind of person, you will start to moralize and may even paint me the devil. For me, it all comes with the territory; I’m an entertainer and an artiste, so if people start to swallow panadol on my behalf, should that be my concern? I know damn too well who and what I am and that is why am severely myself, because I believe in me, as a result, I don’t give a damn what you think that I am, because I already know who I am, and am confident in that knowledge. So why should I have anxiety over my playfulness and youthfulness. I no send anybody message oooo.
Question: You filed a suit against National Mirror; at what point is the case now?
- My case is still in court with the National Mirror, I know some dumb asses would feel like, Oh, he just wanted to make noise. He is not serious about the matter, but I guess time will tell who the real fools are. I know some people in this country feel like because they have money, they can buy anything even justice they don’t even deserve. Lagos high court went on vacation over the past months so as soon as they come back in the next few weeks, the matter will be called up. And let me warn, if ‘magomago’ gets into my matter, I will show Nigerians another side that they have never seen before. Don’t forget that I on my own have faced corporate bodies in this country and have won, so Jimo Ibrahim and National Mirror are small fries in my book. I have taken on bigger platforms. Una go hearam soon, stay tuned.
Question: Even while battling with National Mirror on the controversial issue of gay and lluminati, your nude picture hit the internet again. How did this happen?
- So? Don’t I look good for my age? How does one get to look that good if you don’t take care of yourself? Did you see crawcraw on my body? If you see nudity, what I see is discipline. I challenge you to find in this Nigeria, 61 year old men who look like me and are in the best mental, physical and spiritual shape.
You think it is moimoi? Do you know how hard I work to keep that body like that? How else, if it is not discipline? I don’t drink, I no longer smoke cigarettes, I don’t womanize, I workout every day and I watch what I eat. I do so many things that I know a lot of people don’t have the will power to do. On my blackberry profile, I post different pictures on it, sometimes it’s all about my beautiful children, sometimes it’s about my parents, most of the time it is my beautiful wife, sometimes it’s about the people I inspire, the youths. Of cause, if I want to be mischievous, I post me sleeping in my casket, or showing off my beautiful body. So why are they not spreading the pictures of my fine wife and children? Why are they not spreading the pictures of my struggles or all the motivational things that I do, can’t you see where their minds are? In the gutter of course…
Question: What were you trying to achieve by displaying such picture on your Blackberry profile?
- I’m in the comfort of my house doing my thing, and you are asking me what I’m trying to achieve. People in my area see me every morning jogging as if I am training for Olympics, and I should not celebrate with myself the result of all the hard work I have been doing over the years? What is your damn business whatever picture I put up on my own phone? If you are on my contact and you see that kind of picture, why don’t you ignore it?
But no, they will be the first to put it on their own profile and be circulating it all over the world; I really don’t mind shaooooo, because I know I look too good for my age. God worked overtime on my body and made me ever special. I thank him every day for that, so dey there dey ask me what am trying to achieve. All of una with una boring and frustrated life, no be una subject of discussion for the past one month? You no see how my matter they sweet for them mouth, abegi…abegi. And who said they were nude pictures anyway? Did you see my blocos there?
At best you can say that the pictures were suggestive; everyone knows am a big tease.
Question: Obviously, this is not the first time you are posing suggestive in a picture. Can you tell us why you keep doing this?
- Why not? I’m happy with my body and I’m telling you that I work very hard to keep it in shape. I have it, so I’m flaunting it; do you mind?
Question: We understand that most of your fans are mainly young people. Don’t you think that appearing like that in a picture could easily be misinterpreted by them?
- My life story has inspired many young people, they understand my playfulness and my youthfulness, because there has been so many positives things I have done and still doing in the past 35yrs of the brand. They remember my contribution to the entertainment scene in Nigeria, how I brought respect and big money into the scene. Listen, no need to blow my trumpet, you know my contributions and how I have championed many other peoples causes. So they know and they understand and I’m happy about that. If you can’t get it, na your business be that.
Question: How positive or negative do these several rumors affect your business?
- My own is that I’m making Bank, and business is good. Do not forget that I am a communicator. Most of the things you consider negatives may be positives to me, and even when you force the negatives too much on my face, I will convert them to positives. I am on top of my game sha.
Question: How do your children feel, seeing their father appearing waggish?
- They are so tickled with my swag. They like the Charlyboy character but they love Mr Charles Oputa; that is who they know.
Question: What would you consider the worst story ever about you?
- The one they said that I ‘said” when I did not say. That is why we are in court. Enough of this jungle journalism. It is getting so obnoxious.
My thoughts: I think Mr. Oputa’s qualification of the word “nude” should be entered into the dictionary, but until then: Guy, nude is nude!